NC Snow Skiing Information
There are numerous NC snow skiing and snow ski vacation resorts in the NC mountains. Resorts to snow ski, snow tube, snow board or enjoy other winter activities, or just relax by the lodge fireplace and enjoy the beautiful winter weather scenery.
Here are some popular NC Snow Ski vacation resorts:
Cataloochee Ski Area in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Snowmaking on 14 lighted slopes
- 5 lifts including 3 moving carpet lifts.
- Snowsports School for all ages and abilities.
- Tube World, 6 lanes of snowtubing fun. Easy 4 lane access.
STATS: • Peak Elevation: 5,400 ft. • 14 Slopes • Tubing • Base Elevation: 4,660 ft. • Lifts: 1 Double, 1 Triple, • Vertical Rise: 740 ft. 1 Quad, 3 Carpet Conveyors A fireplace, restaurant and lounge, plus The Shop at Cataloochee located in the lodge.
Appalachian Ski Mountain- Blowing Rock, North Carolina
11 slopes, 3 terrain parks. Two Quad chairlifts, one double chairlift, 1 conveyor lift, one handle pull lift. Home of the French Swiss Ski College. NC’s only Burton Learn to Ride Center.
- Snow ski, snowboard and skiboard and rentals
- Rentals for jacket, bib, glove, goggle and helmet
- 3 terrain parks
- refrigerated outdoor ice skating rink, 46,000 sq. Ft.
STATS: • Peak Elevation: 4,000 ft. • 11 Slopes •Ice Skating • Base Elevation: 3,635 ft. • Lifts: 2 Quads, 1 Double, • Vertical Rise: 365 ft. 1 Conveyor, 1 Handle Pull Bavarian-
Sugar Mountain Resort-Banner Elk, North Carolina
Sugar Mountain Resort Snow Skiing Webcam Links Sugar Mountain Resort offers many winter activities: Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing day and night on 115 skiable acres.
- several 700 ft. long tubing runs
- A 10,000 sq. ft. Refrigerated outdoor ice skating rink.
- Snowboard schools accommodate all ages and abilities.
- Daycare is just a few steps from the base lodge.
- The ski, snowboard and skiboard rental shop offer top of the line equipment.
STATS: • Peak Elevation: 5,300 ft. • 20 Slopes •Ice Skating • Base Elevation: 4,100 ft. • Lifts: 1 Triple, 4 Doubles, • Tubing • Vertical Rise: 1,200 ft. 1 Surface, 2 Carpet Conveyors The base lodge houses 2 cafeterias; the Last Run Lounge; our group sales department; locker room; and the Sugar Mountain Sports & Gift Shop.
Beech Mountain-Banner Elk, North Carolina
The highest ski area in the East at 5,506 feet in elevation. Snowmaking capabilities that cover 100%of the skiing terrain. Has a large variety of skiable acreage including a terrain park that is all lighted for night skiing. Ski Beech offers skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, or skating on a 7,000 square foot outdoor ice rink.
- Skiing and snowboarding instructions are available for all ability levels
- A program for youths that includes equipment rental, a hot lunch, and a day of instruction in proper ski and snowboard technique.
- Equipment and clothing rentals.
- Shopping and dining.
- Accommodations, including chalet rentals and inns, are close by.
STATS: • Peak Elevation: 5,505 ft. • 15 Slopes •Ice Skating • Base Elevation: 4,675 ft. • Lifts: 1 High Speed Quad, • Tubing • Vertical Rise: 830 ft. 6 Doubles, 1 J-
Hawksnest Resort-Seven Devils, North Carolina
Fun for the whole family! The largest Snow Tubing Park on the East Coast.
- 20 Lane Snow Tubing Park with four areas to snow tube
- lanes are 400 – 1000 feet long
- 2 conveyor lifts take snow tubers back to the top
- Snow making and lighting on all lanes.
Wolf Ridge Ski Resort-Mars Hill, North Carolina
Wolf Ridge Ski Resort is for any ski and snowboard enthusiast, beginner to expert.
- 22 Ski Runs
- 5 Ski Lifts-2 Quad chairs, 2 Double chairs and 1 Surface lift
- 2 Ski Lodges-Ridge Lodge and the Base Lodge
- terrain park
Full ski rental equipment services, food, gift shop, sport shops. Large wood burning lodge fireplaces.
Have a Good Time On The Slopes But Remember:
- Dress to stay warm and dry in the cold weather.
- Don’t jump out a the chairlift.
- Don’t cut in the lift line.
- Don’t drink alcohol and ski.
- Have the right gear and use it.
- Stay out of posted closed areas.
- Protect your eyes and wear goggles.
- Wear a hat, scarf or face mask.
- Use sunscreen and lip balm.
- Take food or snacks.
- Stay hydrated.
- Ski with a friend and not alone.
- Know your capabilities and your limits.
- Follow the rules and practice skier etiquette.
- Be careful if skiing with poor visibility like heavy snow storms.
- Be aware of the current weather conditions.
- If you run into another skier resulting in an injury stay at the collision site until Ski Patrol arrive.
Map to NC Ski Vacation Resorts
Have Fun On Your NC Ski Vacation!