NC mountain vacation rentals can be the perfect accommodations. Vacation rentals are like home away from home. Instead of a small hotel room without the needed amenities a NC mountain vacation rental can have all the conveniences of home plus more. Advantages of mountain vacation rentals include privacy, freedom, convenience and space. Privacy so you will not have to share the balcony, deck, or hot tub with strangers. Private sleeping quarters for all family members and friends. Freedom to sit on the porch and enjoy the mountain view without neighbors being too close by. And freedom to lounge around and enjoy meals without having to “get ready” to go out in public.
Most NC mountain vacation rentals have a full kitchen with most everything needed to cook and prepare meals. Most have either a charcoal grill or a gas grill for outdoor barbeque’s. Another advantage is family and friends will have a place to congregate and enjoy shared time together, whether it be in the family room, sitting around the kitchen table, or sitting out on the porch.
With so many NC vacation rentals in the mountains to choose from there is one perfect for your needs. The basic amenities to most all rentals are air conditioning or heat, cable/satellite TV, telephone, washer and dryer, kitchen appliances (stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, stovetop or range/oven, microwave), furniture indoor and outdoor, sheets/blankets and pillows, and basic housekeeping equipment such as brooms and vacuums for everyday cleanup. Extra luxury items at a mountain vacation rental can be hot tubs, recreation/game room, whirlpool tubs, and gas or wood fireplaces.
Tips for Choosing NC Mountain Vacation Rentals:
1. Choose the NC mountain area you would like to stay. There are endless NC mountain communities to choose from:Boone, West Jefferson, Asheville, Linville Falls, Maggie Valley, Waynesville, Sylva, Cherokee or other locations. What your interests? Do you want to be close to town, near the Blue Ridge Parkway, near a river for trout fishing, near a ski resort, or near hiking trails? Make sure the area you choose is suited to your interests and plans for that special vacation.
2. After choosing the area you prefer then decide on choosing a location. Do you want the mountain vacation rental to have a mountaintop view, a wooded view, next to a mountain stream, secluded or in a development, of overlooking a golf course?
Most rental agencies has a website that can help you choose exactly what you are interested in. Play around searching for just what you want or need in a vacation rental. You can pick and choose the amenities you want, how many bedrooms, smoking or nonsmoking, pets or no pets and much more. Call the rental agency and let the staff assist you with your needs. They are very helpful and very familiar with the rentals they have available and will be very helpful in assisting you with just what you want for that North Carolina mountain vacation.
3. Know how many people will be included in the vacation. Rentals have a set number of people that the house “sleeps”. Don’t get too large a house that sleeps more people than you need.
4. Consider the price you need to pay. The rental prices vary widely and the choices are many. There maybe a security deposits, insurance and processing frees to be added. Just speak with the rental agency and ask what the add on fees may be.
5. What season to come is another important decision. A mountain vacation in the fall is very popular when the fall foliage show is near or at peak. A winter snow skiing vacation to enjoy the winter sports. A spring or summer vacation to take advantage of the cool mountain air; or a whitewater rafting trip; or mountain hiking.
6. NC mountain vacation rentals can be booked for a few days or 1-2 weeks or more. There may be a 3 day minimal stay. Just ask the rental agency. They will be happy to work with you in planning your NC mountain vacation.